In addition to the business opportunity presented by the US Army, the US Air Force presented their own Multiple Award Construction Contract (MACC), a multiple award Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, with the prospect award to up to five (5) contractors with a contract threshold of $75M. Expected solicitation to be posted as early as FY 25 (October 1, 2024), with a contract duration of 5 years. This MAAC included prospective opportunities such as:
● The Airfield Paving and Rubber Removal, an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, with a contract threshold of $25M, expected solicitation to be posted as early as the start of FY 24 (October 1, 2023), with a contract duration of one base year plus 4-option years.
● Base Paving for Ali Al Salem Air Base, an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract, with a contract threshold of $25M, expected solicitation to be posted as early as FY 25 (October 1, 2024), with a contract duration of one base year plus 4-options years.
Key highlights of the MATOC Industry Day included:
● Insightful presentations from the expert panel of U.S. military personnel who delivered informative details regarding the intricacies of Multiple Award Task Order Contracts, providing clarity on the process, requirements, and potential benefits for businesses.
● Interactive Workshops, which were practical and enabled participants to acquire a deeper understanding of the nuances, involved in securing and executing MATOC contracts.
● Q&A sessions allowed attendees to engage with experts, seeking clarifications on various aspects of the MATOC pre-award and post-award process.
The primary objective of the event was to educate vendors on effective participation in the MATOC. This encompassed critical aspects such as ensuring the sustained validity of their System for Award Management (SAM) registration during the bidding process, as well as full compliance with Combating Trafficking in Persons (CTIPs) regulations. By addressing these essential prerequisites, attendees gained invaluable insights that empowered them to confidently navigate the MATOC process and contribute to its overall success. This initiative underscored AmCham Kuwait's unwavering commitment to equipping businesses with essential knowledge and tools, enabling seamless engagement in endeavours that reinforce Kuwait-US relations.
ABCK-AmCham Kuwait is a non-profit organization operating since 1985 and is composed of Fortune 500 corporations, small and medium-sized companies, and prominent business leaders and entrepreneurs, both American and Kuwaiti. ABCK-AmCham Kuwait acts as an advocate for American interests in the state of Kuwait. For More Information, please visit our website at www.amchamkuwait.org or follow us on the social media channels @abck1985